news from the world of wine

THE SPARKLING WINES MARKET IN CANADA

Only 18% of sparkling wines drunk in Canada are produced within the state

The European market is not the only market that has significantly changed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, so has the North American market, especially the Canadian one.

Specifically, many changes have occurred in the sparkling wines market and consumption. This market share has been growing quite a lot in Canada, just like in many other countries. But only 18% of sparkling wines drunk in Canada are produced within the state, the remaining 82% is imported from France, Spain, and especially Italy.

Throughout these first months of 2020 the Canadian products, sparkling wines included, have increased their selling if compared to the imported products. This trend exists a little bit everywhere, not only in Canada. This happens because in time of crisis most of the consumers prefer to buy local products, not only because they trust the local producers, but also in order to support the community.

Other than the Canadian sparkling wines, Italian Prosecco was very successful on this market too. While Champagne sales dropped, Prosecco was sold all over the country.

An important difference between Prosecco and Champagne is the way people usually consume these two products. Champagne is mostly served on special occasions, outside of home, in an expensive restaurant, or during celebrations. Prosecco, on the other hand, is perfect for informal occasions, to drink at home and for everyday life. Also, Prosecco is more affordable than Champagne, which is positive especially in time of crisis.

The producers are especially focused on gaining the trust of female millennials, who in Canada are the ones who know the local and imported sparkling wines.

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin

from the world of wine

Invivo X, Sarah Jessica Parker’s private label

Perhaps, more than of Private Label, the one between Sarah Jessica Parker and New Zealand Invino seems to be a marketing action carried out by the latter, in order to associate the fame of the actress with one of her wines produced, or rather two.

Thanks for contacting us!

We will get back to you very soon. In the meanwhile feel free to browse through our website.